Technical Operations 1
On-Site or Remote
About the Role
Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
You will support manufacture and development of novel products for worldwide clinical trials in a safe and efficient manner in the API Process Development Facility B902 Pilot Plant, following all approved procedures and best practices in safety, compliance, and manufacturing operations.
How You Will Achieve It
Undertake training to execute API manufacturing processes under the appropriate level of supervision;
- preparing equipment for use.
- preparing, collecting, dispensing processing materials, and handling materials through the process lifecycle.
- running the process, observing the process and recording observations and technical excursions on batch records.
- Cleaning and testing the process equipment after use.
Undertake training and demonstrate;
- good cGMP documentation practices to all documents related to API manufacture.
- an understanding and ability to follow Standard Operating instructions.
- a good working knowledge of these procedures/instructions to ensure safe and compliant operation of equipment and execution of processing operations.
- a sound operational knowledge of the facilities process control system.
- competency to participate in safety inspections within the facility when required.
Work towards a full understanding of cGMP concepts in the manufacture of API’s for use in clinical trials.
Understand and comply with the policies, procedures and working practices of EH&S (e.g., Risk assessments, COSHH) and where necessary contribute to the review and implementation of the practices in the plant.
Understand Inventory Management processes and follow Emergency and lone working procedures.
Through teamwork assist in the delivery of Projects to agreed timelines.
Demonstrate a flexible attitude to working patterns, executing the role with enthusiasm and diligence.
Support the facilities operations during normal plant operating hours.
Provide Process Supervisors with observations associated with API manufacture.
Work and share knowledge with the support services for the relevant API Manufacturing facility to ensure the continual smooth operation of processing within the plant. E.g., FM&E engineering.
Own and take responsibility for good housekeeping standards in the facilities.
Definitions for acronyms:
API Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
COSHH Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
cGMP current Good Manufacturing Practices.
EH&S Environment, Health and Safety.
FM&E Facility Management and engineering.
Reports directly to the Manager of API manufacturing (Team/shift leader).
The Technician will routinely interact with other manufacturing staff as well as with Process Supervisors, Chemists, Engineers, Analysts, Global Operations, and Quality Assurance in the processing and use of equipment for clinical API manufacture. Interactions may also include Contracted staff.
- Required: GCSE qualification with at least grade C (or 4) in Chemistry and Physics
- Required: Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and EH&S along with experience in a manufacturing and/or research and development environment
- Highly desired: “A” level qualification in Chemistry/Physics
- BTEC and international Baccalaureate (and equivalent certificates) will be considered
- Familiarity and willingness to learn software programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to document clearly and concisely is essential
- Able to communicate well assists with team working and cross-departmental interactions.
- Be well organized and able to work as part of a team as well as alone.
Candidate must be physically capable of working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, be amenable to wearing personal protective equipment, and working with hazardous materials. Lifting of material containers, movement of pallets of drums using pallet jacks and other manual tasks may be required periodically. This position involves integration of novel equipment platforms and processing chemistry steps into a manufacturing environment that operates at least 16 hours each weekday. Candidate must be able and willing to accommodate a work schedule that includes a weekly rotating shift cycle and at times could flex throughout that operating range and perhaps extend beyond 8 hours per day.
Work Location: On Premise (Sandwich, Kent)
This role may be suited to T1 or T2 Technical Operations roles and will be aligned to the candidate.
About the Company
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
How to Apply
Apply to link below