Pfizer UK Undergraduate Programme 2022/2023 Clinical Scientist Undergraduate
Tadworth KT20 7NS, UK
On-Site or Remote
About the Role
(The Vaccine Medical Development, Scientific / Clinical Affairs Global Team has staff located in the US and Europe and assists with the clinical development of Vaccine’s across the globe.
The Clinical Scientist provides medical, scientific and clinical study and project support for multiple, global, Phase 4 vaccine clinical and epidemiology studies in a clinical program.
The position will be based in our Walton Oaks office and managed by a Clinical Scientist Lead in the Vaccines MDSCA group. We are a busy, team orientated and friendly group that deals with a variety of activities to support the Pfizer business with the patients need being at the heart of everything we do.
What can I achieve and what will I be accountable for whilst completing a placement at Pfizer?
(The MDSCA group will provide an insight into the requirements for developing a Vaccine, the epidemiological studies needed to establish disease burden, vaccine effectiveness and health economic outcomes and an opportunity to work with experienced clinical research professionals. Through working in a busy clinical environment you can look forward to developing clinical research knowledge, business skills and being a valued team player. These skills will include comprehension of clinical and compliance requirements and multi-tasking through working on a variety of Vaccine programs.
Pfizer also offers a diverse environment which allows employees numerous opportunities to grow and develop. It is also a fantastic way to obtain a better appreciation of the role that clinical research plays in the pharma industry and the type of roles it has to offer.
Opportunities with this role will include:
- Gaining clinical expertise that will include;Knowledge of how to develop a clinical protocol as part of the overall clinical program for licensed and new Vaccines.
Hands-on skills to develop informed consent documents and case report forms
Coordinating the procurement and shipping of study related supplies
Insight into the ethical and regulatory environment and requirements for approving vaccine clinical research in different countries
How to perform clinical data review and interpretation of clinical data
How to effectively provide clinical and operational oversight of a clinical study, including study set up activity tracking, enrolment tracking, site and laboratory co-monitoring
Comprehend the importance of monitoring Vaccine safety and the well-being of study participants.
Working with key opinion leaders with expertise in epidemiological and health outcomes research, with emphasis on a new program of studies within the Sites for Excellence in Epidemiology Research (SEER) Network that is being set up in Europe
Special small projects to improve how MDSCA functions
Meeting administration including setting agenda, setting meetings and minute taking
- Building personal expertise through comprehension of MDSCA Vaccine clinical programs.
·Appreciation of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) by adhering to the relevant procedures and practices to ensure GCP is maintained.
What other opportunities and benefits do Pfizer offer?
- Training and development needs to ensure a broadening skill and knowledge base and to maximise/optimise career development and contribution to the business.
- Cross-functional working with colleagues and key stakeholders to promote global Vaccine Clinical research. Opportunities to interact face-to-face and virtually with Pfizer colleagues around the world.
- Development of specific Vaccine product and therapeutic knowledge.
- Opportunities to work on STEM related activities with local schools that the Hurley team support
When can I start?
Placements will start on 5th September 2022 and will run for 12 months.
Type of person we are looking for, in relation to ‘Skills’, ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Motivation’:
- Completing placement as part of Degree either through Year In Industry/Industrial Placement or Gap Year
- Degree preferably in Life sciences, public health or health economics
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English
- Eligible to work unrestricted in the UK on a full time basis
- Strong communication skills and self assurance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel
- Open minded and willing to learn and grow, with the ability to learn fast and push yourself to be the best
About the Company
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
How to Apply
Please note only application forms are accepted. Please do not send over your CV or cover letter as they will not be considered.