Graduate Research Associate
Neurodegeneration Gene Therapy
On-Site or Remote
Benefits will include a competitive salary, share options, pension and 25 days leave.
About the Role
· Leading hands-on, independent execution of complex laboratory experiments
· Collaborate with the broader research team to design and execute scientific experiments using relevant molecular biology technologies.
· Developing new assays and tools to understand gene therapy vector safety and efficacy
· Collect and evaluate data; prepare reports, summaries, and presentations; maintain and update laboratory notebook and digital equivalents.
· Perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team and troubleshoot problems/identify solutions to technical challenges.
· Catalogue, order and maintain stocks of all reagents and consumables.
· Catalogue and update all experimental protocols and standard operating procedures.
· BSc / MSc
· Good molecular and cellular biology skill set including but not limited to isolation and quantification of DNA, RNA, protein (i.e. PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA etc.), genomic analysis, primer design, and sequencing, FISH, and various cloning techniques.
· Proficiency with tissue culture and assay development experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Management Practices.
· Demonstrated competence in sterile cell culture technique
· Demonstrated experience with relevant software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad Prism.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues.
· Strong interpersonal skills and adaptable communication style.
· Strong organizational, record-keeping, and data documentation skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
· Perseverance – Pursues tasks with energy, drive, and initiative, even in the face of adversity.
· Results-Oriented – Drives issues to closure and gets the job done.
· Effective Planning – Embedding discipline and thoroughness in our approaches.
· Adaptability/Flexibility - The ability to adapt to working effectively within a variety of situations; adapts enthusiastically to organizational change and to changes in job demands.
· Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task, or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
· Relationship Building – Builds and maintains productive working relationships across a diverse spectrum of people.
About the Company
We are a brand-new university spin-out establishing operations in London. Our field of interest is neurodegenerative diseases and we are seeking to recruit two research associates/laboratory technicians to join our research & development team. We believe in the future of science and we are very keen on finding a new science Graduate to join the team so that we can help shape a career in Gene Therapy in the industry.
We have just raised our first round of investment, have set up laboratory operations, and have recruited an initial team of scientists and technicians.
The successful candidate will be part of a team working on exciting new projects to develop gene therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. They will assist with the development of novel gene therapy vectors using molecular and cellular biology techniques and will be located at the company’s central London laboratories.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV via the link below!